Organic Acids and Nutritional Profile
The Organic Acids Test (OAT) offers a comprehensive metabolic snapshot of a patient’s overall health with over 70 markers.
Marked accumulation of specific organic acids detected in urine often signals a metabolic issue which can be due to a nutrient deficiency. Therefore assessing gastrointestinal functioning, neurotransmitter functioning and detoxification will help us to tailor your plan.
The Organic Acids Test includes markers for vitamin and mineral levels, oxidative stress, neurotransmitter levels, and is the only OAT to include markers for oxalates, which are highly correlated with many chronic illnesses. It provides an accurate evaluation of intestinal yeast and bacteria.
There are a number of nutrition profile tests available, therefore your own health issue will determine which test may be right for you.
The test is ideal for patients who may suffer from:
- Weight issues
- Sleep abnormalities
- Chemical Sensitivities
Organic acids nutritional test is valuable for determining:
- Functional vitamin and mineral status
- Amino acid insufficiencies like carnitine and NAC
- Oxidative damage and antioxidant need
- Liver detoxification capacity
- Functional B-complex vitamin need
- Neurotransmitter metabolites
- Mitochondrial energy production
- Methylation sufficiency
- Lipoic acid and CoQ10 status
- Markers for bacterial and yeast overgrowth
Specimen Type: Urine