How Consultations Work (Nutritional Therapy)
Nutrition Consultations are delivered using the Functional Medicine approach, which is the new model of medicine that neither is “conventional” or “alternative”.
These consultations can be held Face to Face/Skype/FaceTime or by Phone.
The number of Consultations will depend on your personal circumstances, your health goals, your symptoms, and whether your illness is acute or chronic. We advise at least 2-3 consultations, in order to see long lasting changes and results. One off sessions can also be catered for.
- Client will complete a comprehensive questionnaire and 3-day food dairy and return it by email.
Initial Consultation – 1 hour
- During the initial Consultation a thorough case history is taken and the client’s requirements discussed.
- We will then discuss your health challenges and provide feedback on health-related behaviour.
- You will then receive recommendaitons that gently gets you on the right track, by providing simple daily changes to your diet and lifestyle.
- Laboratory testing is necessary in some cases in order to establish the root cause of the health problem.
- Specific herbal remedies and/or supplements may be recommended to support the body and to help rebalance it more efficiently.
Follow up Consultation – 45 mins
- A follow-up consultation will be required in most cases. This will take place approximately 3-4 weeks after the first consultation. This will include a discussion on how you are progressing, if you are experiencing any changes in any symptoms and amendments to your programme made if necessary.
- These sessions are designed to keep you motivated, and support you in overcoming any obstacles you may come across.
- An introduction of further dietary and lifestyle changes for long-term goals will also be provided.
*As a courtesy, please provide a 48 hour notice, should you wish to cancel. You will be billed for missed appointments.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +353 (87) 097 9711.